error 4 in libsoprano.so.4.3.0

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Feb 15 23:28:15 GMT 2012

On Thursday, 2012-02-16, Duncan wrote:
> P Nikolic posted on Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:27:19 +0000 as excerpted:
> > I am having a lot of reports of segfaults with nepomukservices
> >

> > Feb 12 08:24:16 7-of-9 kernel: [233271.349534] nepomukservices[7638]:
> > segfault at 100000000 ip 00007fa8ce06deef sp 00007fa8bca876b0 error 4 in
> > libsoprano.so.4.3.0[7fa8ce029000+f9000]
> >
> > I have line after line of these reports in the message log   and i see
> > in a google search this is not new   kde 4.4  i am on KDE 4.8  .
> >
> > Is this going to be fixed as it seems to cause problems at times  or is
> > this getting classed as a not kde problem
>
> One fix for that would be building kde without soprano, nepomuk, etc.

That is not a fix but a workaround, i.e. it does not fix the actual problem but
just hides it. And it unfortunately hides it in a way that makes it impossible
to see when it got fixed.

So doing that would require to continuously rebuild with and without stuff to
test when the build with stuff works again.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring