Happier with kdesudo

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 21:06:03 GMT 2012

How can I switch from polkit-kde-authentication back to kdesudo auth
in KDE 4.9.

I have installed kdesudo and ln kdesu to kdesudo but it keeps asking
for roots password and not falling back to sudo.

I am not a fan of polkit for various reasons and it is a fact that a
properly setup and used sudo is far more secure and configurable, the
fact distros and package creators were scared away from shipping hashed
out pre configured sudoers lines is unfortunate but not my concern. It
would have resulted in better designed programs for sure.

I have tried entering the root password one time to enable a user as an
administrator to run gui tools just to get the configs written but it
did not work and I would prefer if I could just switch back from
polkit-kde-authentication to kdesudo to do so and then comment out
all permissions I have given quickly.

Thanks, Kc