Setting icon theme for QtCreator and other Qt apps in non kde environment

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Dec 28 04:05:06 GMT 2012

Aaron Lewis posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2012 11:08:05 +0800 as excerpted:

> When I launch KDE4, qtcreator could use the system theme rather than the
> default gnome icon theme.
>
> So what environment variables does KDE4 set for all Qt apps?

Please don't post in HTML when you post to the list.  FWIW, my client
shows both the plain text and the HTML version at the same time, with the
HTML version displaying the raw HTML formatting codes which just looks
ugly.  If your message is worth reading (and replying to), it's worth
reading in plain text, and the HTML isn't needed.

Try this trick:  From krunner (the kde run dialog), run this:

env > env.txt

Then open env.txt (which should be in your home dir) in your favorite
text editor, and you'll see the environment kde exports to apps it runs.

To more directly answer your question, tho, based on my results here, I'd
guess it's the QT_PLUGIN_PATH setting that's of interest in your
particular case.  Perhaps something in one of those locations.

(Don't forget to delete env.txt when you're done with it.)