Something about Chrome and KDE Wallet Service

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Dec 14 05:45:16 GMT 2012

Doug posted on Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:06:01 -0500 as excerpted:

> Using PCLOS, KDE 4.9.2. I too see the nonsense about KWallet when I try
> to use chrome, so I won't bother with Chrome unless I can get rid of it.
> However, when I try to go to kwalletmanager, I don't get any
> configuration setup, all I get is this:
>
> $ kwalletmanager QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created
> before QCoreApplication.
> Application may misbehave.
> QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
> QCoreApplication.
> Application may misbehave.
>
> I have no idea at all what this means!  anyone care to assist?

Those warnings are pretty much normal...

As covered in the other thread I mentioned, kwalletmanager is a tray
application.  It doesn't necessarily open a window, until you click that.

However, the plasma systray app hides many tray icons by default, so you
may not even see it there, unless you configure the tray not to hide that
icon.

As a result of both of these put together, people often think it hasn't
started at all or that it crashed, when it's still running, just hidden
in the tray.

So after you've started it manually, look for it in the systray list and
set it to always shown there (it should be listed unless it DID crash),
THEN you should see it in the tray, at which point you can click it to
get the wallet management window.

Alternatively, at least in the 4.10-beta2 (aka 4.9.90) that I'm running,
there's a kde wallet entry in kde settings, common appearance and
behavior, account details.  That yields the same kwallet configuration
dialog that can be reached from the systray icon, then window, altho it
doesn't display the available wallets, like the wallet manager window
does.