KDE Panel freezing when HDMI connected

Tim Edwards tkedwards at fastmail.com.au
Sun Sep 11 12:21:46 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm running Opensuse 11.4 with KDE 4.6 on a Netbook. When I plug the
netbook in to an external monitor/TV after a few minutes the KDE panel
(including all menus, icons, clock etc.) is completely frozen. Even
after over an hour it remains frozen.

All other software functions fine - firefox, Libreoffice, Thunderbird
etc. and I can use alt+tab to switch between them. I can't launch new
programs since the KMenu is frozen but I have a konsole window open I
can run programs from there. All these programs, including KDE-specific
ones such as Dolphin, work fine, without freezing or pauses.

Anyone experienced this? Any ideas?

Tim