Two regressions ?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Oct 2 17:00:32 BST 2011

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati posted on Sun, 02 Oct 2011 10:51:02 -0300 as
excerpted:

> In the old days (KDE 3) the number of Recently Used Applications in the
> Applications Launcher Menu was not limited; now it has a limit of ten;
> Can the limit be changed in a config file ?

Not that I know of.  Obviously it should be changeable in the sources,
which would be a matter of a simple patch dropped in a particular
location here on Gentoo, but a great big hassle if one's goal is simply
to patch and recompile just that one package on most binary distributions.

> During a file copy job, I click on the Notifications icon of the System
> Tray and a windo opens, showing me which file is being copied; if the
> filename is too long, the middle of the filename is replaced by ...
> Formerly, one could resize the notification window, and thus see the
> complete filename if needed; nowadays the window does not resize, and
> the full filename is no longer available; any workaround ?

??

At least here on kde 4.7.1, notification windows are resizable, and AFAIK
they have been for some time.  Hovering the mouse over the corner of the
window gives me a resize arrow cursor, and I've used it before.

However, it may be that they don't resize on initial popup (I can't quite
tell, at least some of them go away to fast to properly hover and be
sure), only if you actually click the notification icon and get the list
of recent notifications.  But that list certainly resizes, here.