exporting from kmail (Was: Kmail2/Akonadi issue on FreeBSD.)

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Nov 30 04:28:17 GMT 2011

gene heskett posted on Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:01:31 -0500 as excerpted:

> It appears the mutt script can do it, one dir at a time, but I should
> setup claws's mail filtering to match the kmail folder sorter, then pick
> a time and do them all.

That's pretty much what I did.  I have about 50 filters so it wasn't
easy, but I did it.

If you have a lot of filters and would prefer typing it into a config
file directly, rather than setting them up one by one in the GUI, I can
give you the necessary filter file format hints.

Additionally, claws doesn't seem to have a built-in method for adding a
header via filter, which is one of the things I did with my kde filter
scripts, with each one adding a header indicating the filter name, so I
had some hope of diagnosing problems when things went awry.  BUT...

That's where claws-mail extensibility comes to the rescue, there's a
filter action that allows calling an external script with filter
controlled parameters, and now I have a script that adds the header as
assigned by the filter. =:^)

If such a script sounds useful, to you or anyone else, ask and I can post
it, or a link to it, or something.  (I should probably think about
contacting upstream, to have it added to their list of utility scripts,
but I've not done that yet, and I didn't see a script for it in the
existing list, thus my creation of my own solution.)

I see you expanded on your other comment in a second post, so I'll
address it in a reply there.