Kaffeine and playing files from off the local network

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 23:50:59 BST 2011

I have just installed a nas and connected to it with dolphin which was
relatively straightforward. Everything is fine except for playing avi's etc off
it with kaffeine. It come up with an error message relating to a missing plugin
- can't find missing input plugin for mrl smb//.. etc

The file plays without problem of the local disc and usb.

What do I need to do to fix this. There is some mention of xine-smb on the web
but that seems to need xine-plugins which doesn't seem to exist. All a little
curious because I believe these relate to browser plugins. Worse still the file
plays on windows off the same nas.

John
Opensuse 11.4 KDE 4.6.0-6 kaffeine 1.2.2