kmail problems with imap server

Dani Barna Daniel.Barna at cern.ch
Fri May 13 07:18:00 BST 2011

Hi,
After a few months of trying kmail, I could not access my mailbox on our imap server: the server refused connections (from any client, even alpine) After a long struggling our administrators figured out that the reason is that there were a lot of idle connections. Even though the server (they said) is configured to close idle connections after 30 mins, kmail seems to manage to set some flags which make these connections stay alive... (?). It happened already twice, so I need to abandon kmail and switch to thunderbird, even though it still does not support local maildirs.
Cheers