Making new folder in kmail?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon May 9 14:44:34 BST 2011

On Monday, May 09, 2011 09:09:21 AM Duncan did opine:

> gene heskett posted on Sun, 08 May 2011 23:56:13 -0400 as excerpted:
> > The important thing is that I did get it done before I get active on
> > that list.  And I still don't know what I did differently this time.
> > One of those things that make you go hmmmm I guess. :)
>
> Maybe you used the context menu this time?  Because as I said, it works
> from the context menu, but as you reported, select local folders and try
> to create a new subfolder from the main menu, and the option is grayed
> out, here as well.

Define 'context menu' please, Duncan.  Maybe I used a different sequence
the last time when it worked, much to my surprise?

One thing is for sure, if the help files contained more howto's it would
qualify as help, whereas it seems they are drifting off toward an
abbreviated feature listing all over linux, not just kde.  So I am not
pointing a specific finger at a specific target, but making a general
complaint.  If the operation the user wants to do is not 100% intuitive
(that should be the target to code to anyway), then explain it in the help!
I have heard it said many times that the coder shouldn't do Docs, he should
be coding _to_ the Docs, but really, the coder who wrote those 20 lines is
often the only one with the knowledge to write a tutorial-helpfile that
actually fits what the code does.  When you have a largely itch driven
feature list instead of a framework master document thou shall not deviate
from (this, thanks be, is NOT microsoft folks), it seems the coder _should_
only get his code into the tree after his docs on the particular function
have been reviewed, tested, and found accurate.  That would be quite an
incentive to improve the current 'its all black magic' helpfile situation.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it.  ;-)

In the meantime I have about 30 more identical sticks to carve tenons on
the ends of with my cnc milling machine before it gets too wet (its in the
forecast anyway) to carry wood back and forth between a wood storage
building, my shop building and the garage/shop.  I have machines setup
where they'll fit, but I am not well organized for work flow.  I think that
might be a JOAT-ish trait. :-)  OTOH, I can walk away from the mess, the
floor around the mill has a 6" pad of fine sawdust that needs to be cleaned
up, but when this portion of the project is done.  I am making bench seats
that are also storage boxes to go all the way around a 9 foot with all
leafs in it, dining table.  8 pieces in 3 different lengths all told.
I suspect it will keep me out of the bars for 2 or 3 months. ;-)

Thanks Duncan.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)