List moderation?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Mar 8 07:30:13 GMT 2011

On Monday, 2011-03-07, gene heskett wrote:
> Is this list moderated?

Yes, in the sense that there is one or more list moderators which decide on
mails gotten held by the mailiinglist software, e.g. when someone who is not
subscribed posts.

However, in this case the sender will get an automated response from the
mailinglist software that her or his message has been held for approval.

> I am a member of this list, at the from: address above.  I am getting 5-20
> msgs a day delivered to this email address.
>
> So, one more time, why do my posts disappear?

I've seen several of your messages so either those are not the ones you are
missing or they are lost somewhere between the mailinglist server and your
end.

You could check the archives on whether your messages have been recorded
there: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&r=1&w=2

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring