List moderation?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 8 07:23:17 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 03:35:56 gene heskett wrote:
> My apologies for the html, for some reason kmail seems to think its a good
> idea, and I didn't notice the extra toolbar in the composer screen.  No
> idea what turns in on, but I have to turn it off at least weekly.  IMNSHO,
> turning that on needs a full screen, bright red lettering "Are you really
> really sure you want to turn this on" requester.

I don't know whether this is a KMail problem or a packaging one, but I too
occasionally find that html has been turned on by something.  I believe that
it happens after updates, but I don't have any evidence.  I wouldn't claim
anything like "once a week" - the very fact that it is much less frequent and
irregular is the reason that I dn't always spot it straight away.

I'd love to know who is responsible for this so that we could "bug" them about
it.  I reported it the first time it happened to me, which, at a guess, was
about 18 months ago.

Anne