How to set up Menu items such that if an instance is already running, the running instance is brought to the foreground?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 18:06:49 GMT 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 16:43, Alex Schuster <wonko at wonkology.org> wrote:
> Switching to Gnome, maybe? I think there the default behaviour is to not
> allow multiple instances of the same application.

Thanks. I'll look into that. These users are unsavy enough to not care
about their environment.

> You could use xlsclients -al to get the list of running applications and
> their window IDs, and then xdotool windowactivate <windowid> to bring it
> to the foreground.

Thank you! This is going to be a pain as the windowid is not on the
same line as the application name, but at least now I have the
critical tools that I need. Thank you Alex!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com