kwin performance gets worse and worse with every release

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jun 30 00:05:03 BST 2011

phanisvara das posted on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 03:13:52 +0530 as excerpted:

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 02:50:34 +0530, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> K:D:F ??  I've never seen that notation before.  Is it simply
>> indicating KDE, version 4 (d) dot 6 (f), or something else?  Where'd
>> the idea come from?  Is it OpenSuSE or your own idea or from elsewhere,
>> and what's the meaning/implication?  (If it wasn't the intent,
>> certainly, that kde 4.6 matches k:d:f is an interesting coincidence.)

> sorry, it's openSUSE jargon i'm afraid, refering to the
> KDE:/Distro:/Factory repo at http://download.opensuse.org/repositories.
> it's a development version, somewhere between stable KDE 4.6 release and
> trunk, with kdelibs4-4.6.4-398.10 at the moment, and
> kdepim4-4.4.11.1-282.5, i.e., not yet kmail2.
>
> i'm subscribing to different forums (NNTP) & mailing lists (IMAP)
> together in opera mail, and sometimes forget who i'm talking to.

OK, that explains...

I /thought/ my association converting kde 4.6 into k:d:f was a bit far
fetched, but couldn't for the life of me come up with anything more
plausible, so I had to ask or it would have been bothering me for a week!
=:^)