kwin performance gets worse and worse with every release

phanisvara das listmail at phanisvara.com
Wed Jun 29 22:43:52 BST 2011

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 02:50:34 +0530, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:

> K:D:F ??  I've never seen that notation before.  Is it simply indicating
> KDE, version 4 (d) dot 6 (f), or something else?  Where'd the idea come
> from?  Is it OpenSuSE or your own idea or from elsewhere, and what's the
> meaning/implication?  (If it wasn't the intent, certainly, that kde 4.6
> matches k:d:f is an interesting coincidence.)

sorry, it's openSUSE jargon i'm afraid, refering to the KDE:/Distro:/Factory repo at http://download.opensuse.org/repositories. it's a development version, somewhere between stable KDE 4.6 release and trunk, with kdelibs4-4.6.4-398.10 at the moment, and kdepim4-4.4.11.1-282.5, i.e., not yet kmail2.

i'm subscribing to different forums (NNTP) & mailing lists (IMAP) together in opera mail, and sometimes forget who i'm talking to.

--
phani.