KDEPIM 4.6 prob^Wimpressions

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Wed Jun 29 23:10:44 BST 2011

John Layt writes:

> On Wednesday 29 Jun 2011 20:59:30 Alex Schuster wrote:
>> I had upgraded to KDEPIM 4.6 in February already, when it had been
>> unmasked accidentally for a day or so, and I also had lots of problems.
>> Fortunately, after the downgrade all was fine again.
>
> Ah, I wonder if that's the problem?  Did you have any leftover Akonadi config
> and cache files from that failed upgrade?  Migration did not work very well
> back then and any leftovers may have caused things to mess up this time.

Good idea, John. You may be right, and it would explain why I did not
find other reports of my problem. There were some discussions about the
KMail shutdown, but that came from KMail not finding its maildir, which
had to be corrected. This setting was correct here. My problem was the
wrong entry in specialmailcollectionsrc instead.

	Wonko