KDEPIM 4.6 prob^Wimpressions

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Wed Jun 29 23:01:36 BST 2011

Duncan writes:

> Alex Schuster posted on Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:59:30 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>>> The mail migration part should have written its output to a file as
>>> well, check $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kmail-migrator
>>
>> Good idea to save this, although a notice box telling me would have been
>> nice. But there is no such file, locate only finds
>> .kde4/share/config/kmail-migratorrc.
>
> kmail-migrator indeed appears here.  (@ wonko/alex, it's a dir, not a
> file, in share/apps, not in share/config, where the rc is located.  Not
> sure if you caught that or not.  If you only looked in config or only
> looked for a file, not a dir, that would explain your not seeing it.  But
> maybe it /is/ missing in your case, as I didn't have the earlier
> migration attempt here, that might have messed yours up further.)

I simply used the locate command, which should match files and
directories. Now I checked again, and no, there is no such directory.
But I see kres-migrator/migration.log. It tells what has been migrated,
and also has some errors:
- Could not find root collection for resource akonadi_aknotes_resource_4
- Migration of 'Standard-Kalender' to native backend failed: Failed to
  create resource: Agent instance creation timed out.
- Migration of 'Standard-Kalender' to compatibility bridge failed:
  Unable to create compatibility bridge: Agent instance creation timed
  out.
Nothing about mail in this file though.

	Wonko