KDEPIM 4.6 prob^Wimpressions

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jun 29 19:33:38 BST 2011

Jerome Yuzyk posted on Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:40:32 -0600 as excerpted:

> All this talk about trashed mail and such isn't very encouraging. Is
> there somewhere that explains what changes are afoot for this new
> release? Right now it sounds like KMail is going to some big binary blob
> for all my mails a la Outlook, but that could be my own ignorance -
> perhaps someone could correct me on that. I'm looking at upgrading my
> Fedora to 15 and wonder if I'm going to get side-swiped with these
> hassles and should maybe start looking at another mailer that's free of
> all the Social Nonsense baggage KDE seems to be accumulating.

It's extremely unlikely that what we're talking about is in or will be in
Fedora 15 at all.  For Fedora, quite guessing now since it's not my
distro, the new stuff /might/ hit 16, or they might wait beyond that.
Rpmfind.net lists rawhide versions available, but Fedora 15 still has the
older kdepim 4.4 updates that still used the pre-akonadi-converion
kmail-1.

So you shouldn't have to worry about upgrading to Fedora 15 in this
context at all.  Of course there may or may not be other, entirely
unrelated issues, but this won't be an issue until later, possibly Fedora
16.