Building DBusMenu-Qt

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:12:43 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> David Doria posted on Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:18:59 -0400 as excerpted:
>
>>> OK, try setting/exporting QMAKESPEC
>
>> Great, that worked (I did need the subdir:
>> /home/ddoria/bin/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64)!
>>
>> Since then, I have been able to build automoc and phonon.
>
> Good, you're getting into kde-recognizable technologies, now. =:^)
>
>> Now again trying to build kdelibs, I am getting:
>>
>>  WARNING: No valid KAuth backends will be built. The library will not
>> work properly unless compiled with a working backend
>>
>> It seems more like an error than a warning, because after running cmake
>> configure several times I still don't get the option to 'generate'.
>>
>> It looks like I may need to build polkit? When trying to do that, my
>> autoconf was too old! I built autoconf, and then when I configured
>> polkit, it said I am missing gio2.0. I can't find where to download gio
>> source - can you please point me to it?
>
> Based on the dependencies here, you should be able to specify that you do
> NOT want polkit support, since Gentoo has it as a USE flag which means
> the dependency is optional.  Let me see how the build specifies that it
> wants it or not...
>
> $(cmake-utils_use_with policykit PolkitQt-1)
>
> Translating the gentoo eclass shorthand...
>
> cmake-utils_use_with <USE flag> [flag name]
>    `cmake-utils_use_with foo FOO` echoes -DWITH_FOO=ON if foo is enabled
>    and -DWITH_FOO=OFF if it is disabled.
>
> (That's from the gentoo cmake-utils.eclass manpage, auto-generated from
> in-eclass documentation.)
>
> So -DWITH_PolkitQt-1=OFF fed to the ./configure step, should disable that
> dependency.  (You can probably run ./configure --help to get a listing of
> this and other options you can feed to configure.  Might come in handy
> for other dependencies...)
>
> As for gio2.0, I don't see a direct dependency of that name, but based on
> some comments on plugin packages for it, I /believe/ it's part of glib.
> So you apparently need a newer glib.  2.28.8 is what I have installed,
> 2.28.6 is also available in gentoo, as well as the old glib-1.2.10 for
> those apps still using glib-1.  The polkit-0.101 ebuild says it needs
>>=glib-2.28, with the gentoo changelog saying 2.28.0 was introduced in
> February.  (Note that if you build a new glib, you'll probably need to
> rebuild dbus-glib too, as it'll break with a new glib.)
>
> But depending on why you are building kdelibs (I thought I saw that you
> wanted it for kdevelop, but I can't seem to find it now), if you don't
> think you'll need the auth framework, it's probably easiest to simply
> disable that... at the cost of possibly needing to go back and enable it
> because something doesn't work, later.  If you're building all of kde,
> I'd definitely recommend keeping it enabled, but if you're just doing it
> for a couple packages, that aren't likely to need superuser auth or the
> like, you can probably get by without it.
>
> --
> Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs.

Ok, I found these in the cmake and set them to OFF:
 WITH_PolkitQt                    OFF
 WITH_PolkitQt-1                  OFF

I also found these:
 KDE4_AUTH_BACKEND_NAME           FAKE
 KDE4_AUTH_HELPER_BACKEND_NAME    DBUS

I lookd in: kdecore/auth/ConfigureChecks.cmake and it said I could set
KDE4_AUTH_BACKEND_NAME to empty and it would find the best option. I
guess 'FAKE' was the best option, because it keeps changing back to
that, and it still won't fniish configuring, it quits with "No valid
KAuth backends will be built. The library will not work properly
unless compiled".

Any more ideas of how to turn this off?

David