Building kdelibs

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Jun 17 18:48:53 BST 2011

David Doria posted on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:10:55 -0400 as excerpted:

> Duncan,
>
> I am on RHEL. I am getting this when configuring kdelibs using
> kdesrc-build:
>
> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
> are set to NOTFOUND.
> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
> CMake files:
> DBUSMENUQT_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
>    used as include directory in directory
>    /home/ddoria/kdesrc/kdelibs/kdeui

snip...

> DBUSMENUQT_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
>     linked by target "kdeui" in directory
>     /home/ddoria/kdesrc/kdelibs/kdeui
>
> I installed dbus* but that didn't seem to help.

There is a separate (at least on gentoo) package libdbusmenu-qt.  The
gentoo dep for kdelibs-4.6.4 is >=libdbusmenu-qt-0.3.2 , but I have
0.8.2, far newer (introduced to gentoo in April according to the gentoo
changelog).  The other available gentoo version is 0.6.2, from Sept.
2010, so even it's not that old.  The changelog records a large version
jump between 0.3.5 in June, 2010 and 0.6.2, with 0.3.2 from April of
2010, removed in Sept.

So if you're on RHEL 6, you may have a reasonable version available, but
may need to find a newer version to meet the 0.3.2 requirement if you're
on RHEL 5.x, since 0.3.2 is only a bit over a year old, at least by
Gentoo introduction time.

Of course as you're probably already aware, RHEL being a binary distro
often splits the build-time and runtime bits of libraries into separate
packages (something I've been very happy to forget about on gentoo, where
it wouldn't make much sense anyway since it's from-source and the build-
time bits therefore necessary if the library is, in any case), so you'll
likely need both the main library package and the -devel package.

Hope that helps. =:^)