KDE secretly on TV - PLUS a qtdesigner question

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jun 16 15:06:41 BST 2011

General advice: start a new thread for a new topic, replying to an unrelated
topic just hides your posting deep below unrelated ones.

On Thursday, 2011-06-16, John Woodhouse wrote:

> Try qtdesigner or the whole shooting match Qt Creator which includes it.
> Wish I could find a pure C version though as not keen on c++.

Designer only creates XML files, so theoretically one could create a code
generator which creates C code instead of C++.
And of course use a toolkit with a C API.

> On the question
> All widgets,windows,forms etc come up with maximise,context,? and etc
> buttons. Does anyone know of any info on removing some or all of these -
> looks a bit daft on a simple 1 line dialogue box with nothing other than a
> cancel button is needed.

see QWidget::setWindowFlags

> Qtdesigner also comes with opensuse along with kdevelop so I assume it's
> possible to used qtdesigner ui files with it? The Kapptemplate generator
> doesn't offer many options.

Designer can be used "stand-alone", the build system needs support for running
UIC. Both Qt's qmake and CMake can do that.
(KDeveloper supports both)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring