Konsole: split view show the same screen twice

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 12:34:43 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 14:01, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> It sounds to me that you are referring to tabs, Anne, not to split.
>> Take a look at View -> Split View.
>>
> No, I'm not.  I don't use this facility myself, it was explained to me as I
> describe.  The terminal linked to dolphin displays a terminal rooted at the
> directory in the active pane.  Have you tried that?

Thanks, but I am not referring to the terminal in Dolphin. I use it,
but right now I'm referring to the terminal in Konsole.

In Konsole, one can split the view but both views show the same thing.
If one performs cd on one side, then the other side does the same.
This seems completely useless, I need to split to show different
terminals, just as in Dolphin one can split the view to show different
directories.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen