Low maximum volume with pulseaudio on kde

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 09:42:10 BST 2011

----- Original Message -----

I had a similar problem a long time ago. I never really got to the root of the problem as installing mplayer via cvs cured it. It's volume control altered sound levels in all apps. From this I suspect it's a layers of software problem and that there is a lower level volume control some where. I don't know what shell function can alter that.

Rather recently I have noticed that VLC plays things with more volume than other applications that use sound. That may be purely down to phonon back ends.

John