Dolphin: quickly switch panes?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jun 16 01:46:42 BST 2011

John Woodhouse posted on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 16:28:45 -0700 as excerpted:

> What I lack now is one konq feature - photo/camera view. I will find not
> being able to open with the gimp from gwenview extremely irritating if
> it can't be used that way.

You should be able to, but as the gimp isn't kde software but gtk, the
file associations aren't likely to be automatic, so you'd have to set
them up manually.  kcontrol (systemsettings that aren't systemsettings
but user specific kde settings, so I don't know why they call it
systemsettings when it's mostly not), common appearance and behavior,
file associations.  Or select properties on an image file from whatever
kde file manager, click on the little wrench icon to the right to open
the filetype config, add the gimp, and set app order as appropriate.  You
should then be able to at least context-click and select open-with and
then the gimp, or simply click on the file to open it in the gimp,
depending on the filetype embedding tab setting and whether the gimp is
top of the list or down the order chain a bit.