multiple accounts in kmail

Gary Roach gary719_list1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 14 03:10:09 BST 2011

Hi all.

I am trying to consoidate 2 email accounts onto the same machine but
still keep them separated. I wish to use kmail. I am running kde 4.4.5
on a Debian Linux operating system. My problem is this:
     I have two email accounts xxxxxx at verizon.net and
yyyyyy at verizon.net. Both send mail to outgoing.verizon.net and receive
from incoming.verizon.net. They now reside on a Win2k box and a Debian
linux box respecively. I wish to keep the two accounts completely
separate but wish to put both on the linux box. In addition, I need to
transfer my mail archives from thunderbird and iceweasel. I have read a
lot of stuff on the net but have found most out of date and confusing.
Can anyone lay out a road map that will allow me to set up  these 2
accounts so they will co-exist with out being intermingled.

My present file structure is:
home/xxxx/.kde/share/apps/kmail/Mail

Thanks in advance.