Strange startup...

J janus at magicstar.net
Sun Jun 5 14:54:08 BST 2011

Greetings,
  Recently, when I start up my test system the desktop is messed up.  Once I
unlock the widgets, then open the panel (taskbar, menu, system try widgets on
it), select more settings, and tell it to shift right, or left, then back to
centered, everything goes back to normal.

  The obvious symptom is that everything opens its top left corner outside the
top left corner of the screen.  If I am using folder view for the desktop, it
also seems to open that outside the screen area as well, creating a scrollbar
that does nothing when moved up or down, causing the folder view items to now
show.  The next obvious symptom is that the menu opens at the bottom of the
screen and the panel is at the top of the screen.

  Any idea what I need to look for or fix?