Running dolphin from a shell script and opening it in a specific directory.

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 23:43:47 BST 2011

Just how do I do this?

I have already tried just typing dolphin in the console and it comes up with
loads and loads of soprano errors preceded by dolphin (6667) but does launch. I
need it to open pointing at a specific directory from a bash script at the point
just before it exits.

Also be interested in any example type web pages on this subject and more info
on the general aspects of scripting KDE. This script must run from the bash
shell. One aspect of that is how to stop the shell flashing up briefly?

John