How do I remove the "new activity" item from the desktop? [OT]

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 19:55:30 BST 2011

----- Original Message ----

I never go down there or even into the shell unless I need to. Suse and then
Opensuse were rather good on this aspect but the install has worsened with time
and the desktop system utility is no longer supported so has been dropped. ;-) I
posted that lot just to show that there are other ways than those suggested by
the many shell bashers. The other problem on opensuse is that there are many
many sets of out of date instructions and one click installs about in all areas
that are sure to mess the system up. Anyway as I found web doc abounds but not
really that helpful as there are zero examples I'm aware of or could find I
posted it as it might help some. The reads have grown enormously since last time
I looked. There are many very helpful people on that forum but most have their
way of doing things and wont even consider other ways.

By the way 2 dpms's in my case worked. 1 didn't. I suspect this is down to some
newer graphics cards. Not sure.

John