KDEPIM 4.6 prob^Wimpressions

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jul 26 09:45:07 BST 2011

On Saturday, 2011-07-23, Alex Schuster wrote:

> I still have to do keyboard shortcuts, toolbars, and migrate my local mail
> folders. What might be the difference between the 'KMail-Maildir' and the
> 'Maildir' resources?

The first one can deal with KMail's "mixed tree", i.e. when some folders are
in mbox format and not maildir. It also has read-only support for KMail1's
index files, for applying previously stored flags and tags.

Due to that it is not as optimized as the normal maildir resource yet.

> I chose to create a KMail-Maildir resource pointing to
> my local mail directory (which I got from my backup, since KMail somehow
> deleted those mails). KMail now shows the mail folders, but they are all
> empty.

An over-optmization in a component KMail uses for mail folder display. It
results in no mails being requested from the resource.
Creating a message in such a folder should trigger a load of all others as
well, or reload in Akonadiconsole.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring