Calendar widget broken in 4.7?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Wed Jul 13 18:29:14 BST 2011

On 07/13/2011 05:36 PM, Duncan wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:25:41 +0300 as excerpted:
>
>>> plasmoidviewer calendar
>>
>> Thanks for that command!  I tried that, and it displays Greek name days
>> in the right part.
>>
>> I removed the clock from the panel, and then re-added it.  Now it works
>> there too.  Yep, KDE's inability to import settings from older versions
>> has struck again ;-)
>
> I'm helping solve problems with mere side comments now, woot! =:^)
>
> And the second language thing makes sense.  As I had run the command here
> before, I had an existing config for it too, thus the blank, while you
> didn't, and got the second language.  (It may also be that I don't have a
> second language configured.)

It seems it doesn't have anything to do with language.  I only have
English (US) configured.  I also found that the right side can be
disabled by unchecking the "Display events" checkbox in the calendar
settings.  I've found the info on this here:

http://www.layt.net/john/blog/odysseus/holidays_in_kde_release_46

That site seems down though right now, so here's Google's cache of it:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2MLf92hkGQEJ:www.layt.net/john/blog/odysseus/holidays_in_kde_release_46+kde+calendar+holidays&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&source=www.google.com