Calendar widget broken in 4.7?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jul 13 15:36:20 BST 2011

Nikos Chantziaras posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:25:41 +0300 as excerpted:

>> plasmoidviewer calendar
>
> Thanks for that command!  I tried that, and it displays Greek name days
> in the right part.
>
> I removed the clock from the panel, and then re-added it.  Now it works
> there too.  Yep, KDE's inability to import settings from older versions
> has struck again ;-)

I'm helping solve problems with mere side comments now, woot! =:^)

And the second language thing makes sense.  As I had run the command here
before, I had an existing config for it too, thus the blank, while you
didn't, and got the second language.  (It may also be that I don't have a
second language configured.)

I'll have to go delete the appropriate $KDEHOME/share/config/
plasmoidviewer* files and see what effect that has for me, here.

(After doing so...)

No, still get the blank right side.  Maybe because it expects a second
language and I don't have any configured.  Or maybe because it's getting
config from elsewhere.  I could strace it and see, but it's not /that/
big a deal, since I only call up the window on demand anyway.