A beginning programmer

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Jul 11 22:05:38 BST 2011

Eric Griffith posted on Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:26:26 -0400 as excerpted:

> I didn't even really think of this until this moment, but whats the
> guideline for replying to an email listing, on here, with multiple
> people in the conversation?

It has already been covered (and is in my sig), but reply to list (only)
is generally preferred.

Not covered, however, is that quote/reply format (as opposed to top
posting) makes things /far/ easier to follow... and to reply to when one
needs context from two or more quote levels.  No need to quote the entire
thing, just the bit to which you are replying to, to give it some context
(summarized a bit if necessary for length; major snippage/summary is
often necessary when replying to my often rather verbose mails...).