A beginning programmer

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at insightbb.com
Mon Jul 11 01:13:29 BST 2011

I read and liked Kevin Krammer's advice to you too.

While reading his comments, I thought of a specific idea you could pursue,
related to my previous comments.

How about making a checkers game as a plasma app for KDE?

That would require you to do a little graphic object programming, game logic
(which checkers is quite simple), and some user interface.  You can write the
app in Python, Ruby, or something else.  I can't remember all the languages
that plasma supports, but the KDE web site will list them.

And since you know C/C++, get a copy of Kernighan & Ritchie, ANSI edition.
They show some simple programs in C that are building blocks for more complex
programs.