Some text doesn't respect Theme's font coloring.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Jul 10 22:39:31 BST 2011

Eric posted on Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:06:29 -0400 as excerpted:

> Its always the simple things isnt it? Ah well, theme's working awesome
> (minus some graphical corruption with window decorations but im gonna
> play around with Xorg.conf to try to figure that out. Honestly; a reboot
> is probably the last thing I would've tried to try and get theme to work
> correctly haha, im actually surprised though that KDE doesn't do an
> entire desktop wide "refresh" when the theme changes, just to load, what
> would be NOW, the 'damages' to the windows and to plasma has a whole.

Agreed, but note that a reboot isn't necessary.  Restarting kde works but
isn't necessary either.  All that's necessary is restarting plasma-
desktop.

FWIW, plasma is still under HEAVY development, tho.  4.7 is supposed to
bring a some big changes, including I believe, the full per-activity
application thing.  (There were tiny hints of it in 4.6, the to activity
entry paralleling to desktop in the window menu if you have multiple
activities configured, etc, but that by itself wasn't enough to be
terribly useful, yet.)  4.5 was really when it finally got the basics
down and stable enough to be what I'd describe as a stable replacement
for kde3, and 4.6 I think had some under-the-hood stuff for the next
feature leap, but there wasn't a whole lot in the GUI, yet.  So I'm
really looking forward to 4.7, in that regard.  (And also because the
early 4.6 series had some nasty issues that I've worked around now so I
can't be really sure whether they're gone or not, but I'll be glad for it
to be history, for sure.)

If I read the release schedule correctly, 4.6.95 (4.7-rc2) was supposed
to have been released last week, and I was all set to try it, but it
appears that I either read things wrong or it was delayed a week.  I
often run betas of selected packages or even live development versions,
but early kde4 was so bad even the releases were barely alpha quality.
So I've not dared try the stuff they didn't consider even release
quality.  But I thought I'd try rc2 at least, this time, and see how it
went, then maybe rc1 or even beta2 next cycle.  So I didn't upgrade to
4.6.5.  But it seems like I have a few more days... they've released rc1
to the distros but not to the public, yet.