kde-4.5.5: partially lost fn keys on a wireless keyboard, right click only works on workspace 1

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Jan 22 21:08:48 GMT 2011

Greetings;

2 questions actually...

I am an incurable fan of mc for a file manager.  However it appears recent
updates to kde, now at 4.5.5, seem to have installed some key gobblers and
the only Fn key that works in mc is the F10=quit key.  All of the others I
have been reduced to using the mouse for, and I have a similar complaint
when trying to control some of my home brewed scripts with htop, which can
use a mouse but is extremely slow at recognizing a mouse click on the
kill=F9 buttun.

The configure (drakethis and drakethat) menu's do not appear to address
this specific issue.  32 bit pclos-2010 install on a quad core phenom,
kernel 2.6.37.

Where should I go looking to be able to negate this unwanted Fn key
gobbling for the first 9 keys?

Secondarily, since the last update, I only have a right click menu for
desktop settings on the first workspace.  No reaction to a right click on
any other workspace, which of course are black, no background pix.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks all.

--
Cheers, Gene