inotifywait -m -e close --format %f

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jan 18 20:13:07 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, January 18, 2011 03:05:56 pm Kevin Krammer did opine:

[...]

> > I have not attempted to do this as yet, not knowing how qdbus would
> > react if kmail was not running.  I was considering just putting its
> > invocation into the bottom of my rc.local as I know how to do that,
> > and already have several such items fired off that way now. That has
> > been done nbow, but I've not rebooted.
>
> Ah, I missed that option in my other reply.
> Generally a qdbus invocation for a D-Bus name, object path or method
> that does not exist will just fail.

Apparently silently, or leaves the command in a queue maybe?

I left it running, but stopped kmail and waited till gkrellm showed
incoming mail, then looked the logs over (I have tails on the important
ones) to any failures and came up empty. The mail was picked up instantly
on restarting kmail, but I believe I have that option set also.  So it
appears there is no apparent harm in the early launch I would get from
putting it into rc.local.

Thanks Kevin.

--
Cheers, Gene