How do I restart KDM?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Fri Feb 18 14:01:46 GMT 2011

On 02/18/2011 12:35 PM, John Layt wrote:
> On Friday 18 February 2011 06:59:51 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> On 02/18/2011 07:53 AM, Linus Östberg wrote:
>>> It is possible to reactivate the shortcut in xorg.conf.
>>
>> Yes, I've read that if I put:
>>
>>     Section "ServerFlags"
>>         Option "DontZap" "false"
>>     EndSection
>>
>> in xorg.conf, it will bring back the old behavior.  But it just doesn't
>> work :-/  Even with the above in xorg.conf, ctrl+alt+bs still doesn't do
>> anything.
>
> Some distro's, e.g. openSuse, require that you hit it twice in quick time.
> Try hold down ctrl-alt then hit backspace twice quickly and see if that works.

OK, two things.  Alt+e doesn't work either.  :-/  I didn't actually try
it when you mentioned it (I had some tasks running that needed to finish
uninterrupted, and later I forgot about it).  Also, ctrl+alt+bs doesn't
work regardless how many times I trigger it (with ctrl+alt kept pressed
or not.)

I should also mention that since I'm using Gentoo, this is all vanilla
KDE and X.Org.  That's why I'm hoping someone here knows a solution,
since there are no weird disto patches applied that could get in the way.