how to use addressbook from kmail

Peter Nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 17 08:11:33 GMT 2011

On Thursday 17 February 2011 00:03:33 Daniel Barna wrote:
> Thanks. I did the check, everything is as it should be. Still I don't have
> any of the contact available in kmail, only those who have received an
> email from me (from within kmail). Miracle...
>
> On Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:05:10 am Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 February 2011 16:33:11 Daniel Barna wrote:
> > > Too bad. In kmail I only have those email addresses available, to which
> > > I have sent an email from within kmail. No addressbook entries show
> > > up.
> >
> > Open Konsole (or your favorite terminal from which X11/DBus processes can
> > be launched) and issue the command (akonadictl status).  Your terminal
> > should look something like this:
> > % akonadictl status
> > Akonadi Control: running
> > Akonadi Server: running
> > Akonadi Server Search Support: available (backend: Virtuoso)
> >
> > If not, most likely you need to start / restart / troubleshoot your
> > Akonadi.
exactly the same here  no adresses out of adressbook to email  only those i
have manually typed into kmail  but if i open adressbook and click on an email
adress it works ok

pete at 7-of-9:/> akonadictl status
Akonadi Control: running
Akonadi Server: running
Akonadi Server Search Support: not available.

Do im take it someone is trying to Force the use of an unwanted desktop search
to get the adressbook and kmail to work correctly if so that is really really
shabby

Pete .