Manipulating local maildir

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Fri Feb 11 12:31:55 GMT 2011

Hi there!

I moved a large mail folder from my IMAP server to my local folders with
Kmail. Then I found out that I have most mails three times. It's no big
deal, but I wonder how to find and remove those duplicates. Didn't an older
Kmail version have such a feature?

There are some scripts that will do this. But here's my question: Would it
be safe to change things in .kde4/share/apps/kmail/mail/? Or could I mess up
some Kmail / Akonadi databases by doing so? Will hell break loose?

	Wonko