Akonadi resource for Google calendar

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Dec 27 11:32:24 GMT 2011

On Tuesday, 2011-12-27, Franklin Weng wrote:
> 在 2011 年 12 月 27 日,週二 01:38:17,Kevin Krammer 寫道:
> > On Wednesday, 2011-12-14, Franklin Weng wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > In my google account I have different calendars, one for my personal,
> > > one for my business, ... etc.  However, in the Akonadi resource for
> > > google calendar, it only let me set my account and password, but not
> > > let me choose which calendar I would use.  Would anyone please tell me
> > > how to assign my different calendar to akonadi resources?
> >
> > I am not up to date with the Google Calendar Resource's development
> > status (so that might have changed with a recent version) but I remember
> > that at some point it had a known limitation to only support a user's
> > main calendar.
> >
> > You could try the CalDav calendar resource instead.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> Thanks, I'm using GCALDaemon and it works fine.
>
> I just think that it will be cool if we can use Akonadi resources to
> maintain our google resource directly.  For GCALDaemon, it could retrieve
> each calendar with different URLs.  I think it can be applied to Akonadi
> resources as well.

Agreed, it would be cool if the resource could be doing that as well. As I
said I am not up to date with the current development regarding that topic,
there could even be a different Google calendar resource in the works by
someone else and the CalDav resource might be able to access Google calendars
as well.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring