I just noticed: no more crashes! Thanks, KDE team!

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 19:04:31 BST 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 00:27, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> That's why konqueror has the separate process options that
> dolphin lacks -- the simple users dolphin targets are apparently assumed
> never to have enough separate file manager windows open at once that it
> really makes a difference for them.

Dolphin has the separate process option too, it's just in Konqueror.
From what I understand enabling this option in Konqueror enables it
for Dolphin as well, because the Konqueror file manager in KDE 4 is
just an embedded Dolphin part. I can't crash Dolphin to check, but I
can tell you that keeping Konqueror preloaded makes Dolphin start up
much faster as well.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il