KDE Quality (problems)

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Apr 18 04:28:52 BST 2011

Kevin Krammer posted on Sun, 17 Apr 2011 19:06:44 +0200 as excerpted:

> My own migration from 3.5.10 to 4.2.2 on Debian went very well, only
> losing identity overrides on folders in KMail, no folders, mails or
> filters missing.
> Surely not ideal but hardly a problem (I guess most users don't even use
> that feature).

Mine as well (well, as good as could be expected for an alpha marketed as
ready for normal use, still huge gaps in functionality, etc, thus the
alpha label because that's what it /means/ only minimal functionality,
with much of the functionality only stubbed in or not there at all, which
was /exactly/ where 4.2 was at, /despite/ the claims to the contrary from
the one side while still trying to say, oh, that's not implemented yet,
from the other!But I think I had my email in a custom location already).

But that was because I copied over the 3.x directory to the 4.x location,
so 4.x could see it and use or import the same settings.  I've customized
enough that such was the only sane way to do it, really.

Then several months later I went thru and deleted (or moved away, to be
deleted later if it didn't turn out to reset anything drastically, nothing
was so reset...) anything that hadn't been modified since before the
upgrade.