KDE Quality (problems)

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Apr 17 18:35:02 BST 2011

On 04/17/2011 11:50 AM, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Despite its dire situation one of the KDevelop gurus applied for a GSoC slot
> for Quanta+ last year, but even after his hard work (Go Milian!) it is still
> not anywhere close to its best times and no maintainer on the horizon either.
>
> Maybe its because most web sites are done in backend/frontend separation now,
> with something like PHP on backend and JavaScript on frontend and people are
> using specialized tools for the two.

What you say may have some validity for commercial websites, but, there
are tons of people out here doing LOADS of pages that aren't using all
that stuff.

I made the remark once on the Quanta list that I wished it could be
ported to Windows so that I could recommend it to all those I know that
absolutely refuse to use Linux. Theres a port of KDE to Windows. I
wonder if they would be interested in further development of Quanta.