4.6.2 early report

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Apr 9 15:06:47 BST 2011

On Saturday, April 09, 2011 09:56:58 AM Duncan did opine:

> gene heskett posted on Fri, 08 Apr 2011 22:57:21 -0400 as excerpted:
> >> The specific problem file for me was
> >> $KDEHOME/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc .
> >
> > Let me see if I can look at that one.  And you just might have nailed
> > it,
> > from a bash konsole, $KDEHOME is not defined, either for me or for
> > root. But where in the login process do I put that?
>
> FWIW, I skipped the usual explanation for $KDEHOME.  Looks like I
> shouldn't have.
>
> $KDEHOME if set changes a KDE default.  The default, if not set, is
> ~/.kde4 , tho it's possible for that to be changed at compile-time as
> well.
>
> So $KDEHOME is simply a shortcut for saying "~/.kde4 (unless you or your
> distribution has changed it to something else, either at compile time,
> or using the $KDEHOME variable)."

Humm, I had it figured to be that.  Now the question is:  If its compiled
with something else, how can I extract that and prove it?  Or should I
simply figure out a way to put it in the login?, which I am not sure is a
kdm screen.  It may be a gdm.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)