4.6.2 early report

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Apr 7 16:10:29 BST 2011

On Thursday, April 07, 2011 11:03:40 AM phanisvara das did opine:

> On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 20:09:11 +0530, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com>
wrote:
> > What is this zypper ve you speak of?  This is pclos, 32 bit on a 64
> > bit phenom quad, pkg manager is synaptic adapted to rpms.
>
> oops, sorry. i'm reading various mailing lists & forums together via
> NNTP, and wrongly assumed you were using openSUSE. i have no idea how
> to check the integrity of your installed packages, which "zypper ve"
> does in openSUSE. i meant to say that perhaps you have packages from
> incompatible releases on your system, which might lead to the symptoms
> you were describing.

Generally speaking, those sorts of things never get to a pclos repo in the
first place, texstar is pretty thorough with his checking. FWIW, the pclos
forum is also puzzled, hence my attempt to talk to the people who should
know.  But it appears there is a soundproof wall between the kde coders,
who might be able to answer this quickly, and the user with a problem.

I don't mean that as an insult to the list, just stating the obvious.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it phanisvara das.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)