disabling Akonadi

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Sep 21 07:23:22 BST 2010

Duncan posted on Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:23:21 +0000 as excerpted:

> Hmm... 4.5.1 here, and my (customized location) ~/config/local/share/
> akonadi dir is far smaller than that.  Without bothering to add-up the
> file sizes, there's only a few files, two error files of 40 bytes each,
> the socket, a db_data file of 344 bytes, a db_misc file of 80 bytes, an
> old and apparently stale (modified last in February) file_db_data file
> of 48 bytes, and the mysql.conf file of 2156 bytes.  So the just-over 2
> KB config file is by far the largest file in the dir.
>
> I don't have kcal/korganizer installed and I'm still running kmail-4.4.6
> which isn't akonadified yet, so the only thing it really has to index is
> kaddressbook's contacts... and while kaddressbook works, I'm not even
> positive it's doing that, as the resource-name resource pointer in
> akonaditray is blank.
>
> But everything's apparently working and it's not taking huge amounts of
> space, so I'm not complaining.

Hmm... upon second look, a couple of those are dirs, with far bigger
files.  197.1 MB total.  Konqueror's filesize view says there's three big
files plus a 4th of 10 MB, the two biggest being 64 MB each, in the
db_data subdir.

I'm about to quit kde and rename the dir, as I'm just switching to the
sqlite driver from the mysql driver, and see what happens.