username in ftp:// urls

Barna Daniel daniel.barna at cern.ch
Sun Sep 19 05:15:04 BST 2010

Hi,

I would like to set up an emacs wrapper script, which can be used to open
remote files (ftp:// for example). Emacs uses the
/ftp:username at hostname:dir/file syntax for these files, hence the
necessity of this wrapper, because kde (dolphin, for example) gives the
remote file's url as ftp://hostname/dir/file. I can simply transform this
string, that would not be a problem. But the username is not provided in
the url. Is there a possibility to provide also the username in kde's
remote urls?
Thanks
Daniel