Middle-mouse clicks in Konqueror cause problems

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Fri Sep 3 22:52:06 BST 2010

Quoting Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net>:

> Well, the logical thing would be either for you to try upgrading to 4.5.x,
> or me to try downgrading back to earlier 4.4, and see if that changes the
> situation or not. ...

That won't be practical for me. I'd have to I compile from source, but
that's something I've so far never attempted for such a large
collection of packages. I have a feeling it would result in lots of
wasted time and frustration: a rather high price to prove this point.

> But realistically, I'm not sure when I'll have the time (it's obviously
> going to be somewhat lower priority here than there), as I have a
> conference coming up this weekend, ...

Sounds familiar. I've got a couple of other projects to complete and
will then attend a conference the week after next.

Perhaps I will try to fix this through the employment of a different
strategy, one that was on my To-Do list anyway: switch to Kubuntu. I
trust that Canonical will have noticed this problem and dealt with it.

Cheers,

Jaap