"Jumping" icons and text

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sat Oct 16 10:28:35 BST 2010

I have a weird issue with file icons and their text.  It exists for a
quite a while now, but seeing that 4.5.2 still has this problem, I
thought I ask around and see if anyone else is getting this too.

The problem exits in Dolphin as well as the Plasma "Desktop Folder"
plasmoid.  When I move the mouse over the files, the icons jump right
and left.  In Dolphin, the text changes too sometimes.  For example, if
the text under a folder says:

   Music Collection

Sometimes, when I move the mouse over it or change directory and then
come back, it changes to:

      Music
    Collection

And sometimes it's cut:

   Music
  Coll...

Anyone else getting this?

Gentoo AMD64 (:-P), KDE 4.5.2, Qt 4.7.0.