Minimized apps dissapear - more info at end of post

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Nov 10 10:00:04 GMT 2010

Bob Stia posted on Tue, 09 Nov 2010 23:50:19 -0500 as excerpted:

> Let's take this one step further. Isn't it logical that whatever
> happened was common to the two existing users? That are supposed to be
> separate and individual? One that effects a customized KDE for one user
> and another for settings that are all completely default. How can using
> the step by step procedure (kindly provided by you) in only one user's
> home reveal the problem in the other's home unless they are duplicated
> problems. But what caused them to be duplicate problems.There must be
> some common denominator that effects both users personal settings which
> are "outside" the individual personal settings..

What I'm believing now is that the problem is due to a(n apparently
default) setting that was there from a previous version.  Somehow, it's
screwing up the new version.  That's why existing users (default settings
and not, both) have the problem, but a new user, all new defaults, does
not.

If that's correct, it explains the otherwise hard to explain bit about an
existing default user having the problem, but a new (clean and thus
default) user not having it.  So it fits the available evidence...